What to Expect
Your first visit
On your first scheduled appointment, please bring:
- Driver’s license or a valid form of identification
- Insurance card/information
- Prescription/Referral letter (if required or available from your doctor)
- Reports, X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and any other relevant information
- List of medications you’re taking (if any), including vitamins and herbal supplements
- Any additional authorizations required by your insurance company
Your first visit
Your first visit will involve a detailed discussion about your recent or chronic injury. Your physical therapist will perform a complete examination and evaluation of the injured area, which will include specific tissue testing, gait analysis, functional screening, biomechanical analysis, etc. Your therapist will then present their findings to you and do her/his best to explain their treatment plan in detail. Following the evaluation, your physical therapist will begin treatment to the injured area and take you through an individualized exercise program. You will also be given a specific home exercise program.
After your first day, each subsequent visit will include:
- One-on-one, hands-on treatment from your therapist. She/he will address tissue tightness, joint dysfunctions, movement pattern problems, and flexibility. During this time, your therapist will also be able to re-assess your injury and keep track of your progress.
- An exercise program designed by your therapist for your specific injury/activity level. Monitored by your therapist, your physical therapy aide will help you safely complete your exercises and get you out the door and back to your day as quickly as possible!
New Patient Forms
To get you feeling better, faster, please download and complete all new patient forms in advance and bring them with you on your first visit, or you may complete the copy provided by Front Desk staff at check-in.
- Click here to view a list of the major insurance carriers we do accept.
- Wear workout attire or something that you feel comfortable moving around in, such as a loose-fitting t-shirt and athletic shorts. There is a changing room available.
- Treatment sessions typically last 60 to 90 minutes, depending on your injury/treatment plan.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time to check in.
- If you will be more than 10 minutes late, please call the front desk as soon as possible to notify your therapist. She/he can determine if you need to reschedule.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time. With respect for other patients who are on the waiting list, a $45 charge will be assessed for all no-show or late cancellations.
We believe communication is the key to your rapid recovery, so please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Rausch teams in action & success stories!
Serving Orange County
At Rausch PT, everyone from our friendly front office staff to our dedicated aides is here to cheer you on and help you achieve your goals. We strive to give you the best experience possible every time you come see us, which is why your personal Rausch physical therapists will be by your side throughout your entire treatment.
- We offer Pelvic Floor PT
- Dr. Rebecca Gasca
- Ankle strengthening exercise demo
- We get you back to golf courses!
- A look into our performance lab
- The 'Bikes and Bagels Crew' meet up
- TNR - the best running group in the OC!
- Rauch PT can help you crush your goals!
- Balance work at Rausch PT-Dana Point
- Rx Sports Massage - necessary for injury prevention
- Josh supporting a patient with strengthening exercises using bands
- Dr. Jonathan Meltzer
- Dr. Renee working with a patient on alignment
Of all of the physical therapy clinics I have been to over the years, Rausch Physical Therapy is by far the best. I have been receiving treatment here for a few months now under the care of Dr. Reggie Pamintuan and can confidently say that he is the best physical therapists I have ever had. His combination of creating a unique approach to treatment for each and every one of his patients along with his openness to try new techniques and recovery tools to offer the best possible care sets him aside from all the rest. He treats every patient with amazing attention to detail and creates a recovery regimen specific to that person to offer the best positive results and fastest recovery possible. He along with all the other physical therapists and staff at Rausch Physical Therapy apply this same ideology to offer patients the best possible treatment instead of cookie-cutter workout and stretch routines that don’t help unique people with unique circumstances. I can’t say enough good things about this clinic as they have been able to offer me positive recovery results where so many other physical therapy clinics have failed. I would 100% recommend booking an appointment with Dr. Reggie or any of the other physical therapists if you are looking for a unique recovery treatment built and tailored specifically for you.
I have nothing but praise for Dr. Marissa Dannaway. After months of discomfort and frustration, I was diagnosed with Pelvic Floor issues and referred to Rausch PT. Internal Therapy can be awkward and uncomfortable, but Marissa’s abilities as a doctor are outstanding. Dr. Marissa is very intelligent, attentive, and professional. She is a gifted communicator and will genuinely listen to your concerns. I had resigned myself to the fact that my condition would be something I would live with the rest of my life; but after a couple months working with Dr. Marissa, my condition has greatly improved along with my quality of life.
In short, if you’re having Pelvic Floor issues, I highly recommend Dr. Marissa as she can provide you success and has expert bedside manner. Be sure you listen to her and follow through with her program.
I’m so grateful that my OBGYN referred me here. After having a baby and a traumatic birth experience, my pelvic floor was too tight to resume normal activities. It caused me a lot of pain and anxiety and I feared my marriage would suffer, even though my husband was supportive and understanding. I’m thrilled to say that after about two months of internal therapy with Marena, the pain is gone and I finally feel like myself again.
Marena has a great bedside manor and makes you feel very comfortable and relaxed during the sessions. I’m forever grateful for her!
Jennifer Carman PT – is a brilliant therapist who knows her trade through and through but can think out of the box at a drop of a hat. She has helped both of my parents (age early 80s) through some rough rehab, always with a smile on her face. And she has always put a smile on their faces which is immeasurably important. Her years of experience, her wonderful attitude, and her all around brilliance makes it easy to write this review.
And everyone at the office is cut from the same cloth as Jennifer! A total pleasure!
I’ve just completed my prescribed sessions with Rausch Physical Therapy in Dana Point. I can’t say enough about the excellent care I received. Dr Ruth was my lead therapist. She prescribed a protocol that took me from barely able to raise my arm due to a torn rotator cuff to, as of today, swimming free style with no pain. By the way I was on track for surgery which seems to no longer be necessary. Many thanks to Dr Ruth and all of the staff who worked so diligently with a lot of kindness care.
Rausch PT the best of the best.
Milena is priceless and the team knows their stuff. They give you one on one attention. For a year I suffered with a torn Miniscus and floating cartilage which caused severe pain. I had surgery but had been dragging that leg for a year. I needed to learn how to walk and find my balance again. With a combination of specific stretches and balance techniques I am now walking normally and am pain free. There are no words to ever convey the gratitude I feel from the healing energy I got from everyone at Rausch. As happy as I am I finished PT I am sad to leave this healing place.
So thank you all for giving me back my mobility and my quality of life.
I have nothing but positive things to say about Rausch PT. Dr. Kristen is the best and truly listens to what your problem area may be and helps you back to recovery.
I’m impressed with Rausch! I see Dr. Camery Cano, and she is excellent! She really knows what she is doing and has been helping so much! She is also lovely to work with. She is friendly, kind and really cares about the people she works with. This is the best physical therapy experience I’ve ever had!
Dr. Rebecca has changed my life. I was suffering with horrible sciatica, hip and pelvic pain for 2 years. After 1 session with her and now a couple of weeks later, I have been pain free. I can sleep!
She is also very kind, gentle, and sweet. Amazing lady.
Best place to go for physical therapy, in Dana Point. Clay was my therapist, he is excellent! Everyone there are friendly and very helpful.
Thank you all for everything.