What to Expect
Your first visit
On your first scheduled appointment, please bring:
- Driver’s license or a valid form of identification
- Insurance card/information
- Prescription/Referral letter (if required or available from your doctor)
- Reports, X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and any other relevant information
- List of medications you’re taking (if any), including vitamins and herbal supplements
- Any additional authorizations required by your insurance company
Your first visit
Your first visit will involve a detailed discussion about your recent or chronic injury. Your physical therapist will perform a complete examination and evaluation of the injured area, which will include specific tissue testing, gait analysis, functional screening, biomechanical analysis, etc. Your therapist will then present their findings to you and do her/his best to explain their treatment plan in detail. Following the evaluation, your physical therapist will begin treatment to the injured area and take you through an individualized exercise program. You will also be given a specific home exercise program.
After your first day, each subsequent visit will include:
- One-on-one, hands-on treatment from your therapist. She/he will address tissue tightness, joint dysfunctions, movement pattern problems, and flexibility. During this time, your therapist will also be able to re-assess your injury and keep track of your progress.
- An exercise program designed by your therapist for your specific injury/activity level. Monitored by your therapist, your physical therapy aide will help you safely complete your exercises and get you out the door and back to your day as quickly as possible!
New Patient Forms
To get you feeling better, faster, please download and complete all new patient forms in advance and bring them with you on your first visit, or you may complete the copy provided by Front Desk staff at check-in.
- Click here to view a list of the major insurance carriers we do accept.
- Wear workout attire or something that you feel comfortable moving around in, such as a loose-fitting t-shirt and athletic shorts. There is a changing room available.
- Treatment sessions typically last 60 to 90 minutes, depending on your injury/treatment plan.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time to check in.
- If you will be more than 10 minutes late, please call the front desk as soon as possible to notify your therapist. She/he can determine if you need to reschedule.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time. With respect for other patients who are on the waiting list, a $45 charge will be assessed for all no-show or late cancellations.
We believe communication is the key to your rapid recovery, so please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Rausch teams in action & success stories!
At Rausch PT, everyone from our friendly front office staff to our dedicated aides is here to cheer you on and help you achieve your goals. We strive to give you the best experience possible every time you come see us, which is why your personal Rausch physical therapist will be by your side throughout your entire treatment.
- PT Michelle: listening, teaching, healing
- Dr. Mymon explaining stress urinary incontinence
- The Rehab-U-Lance at a local injury prevention workshop
- PT Bryce: healing in action!
- Ankle strengthening exercise demo
- We offer Pelvic Floor PT
- A look into our performance lab
- The 'Bikes and Bagels Crew' meet up
- TNR - the best running group in the OC!
- Rauch PT can help you crush your goals!
- Balance work at Rausch PT-Dana Point
- Rx Sports Massage - necessary for injury prevention
- Josh supporting a patient with strengthening exercises using bands
- PT Sean using a Theragun to loosen and heal
- Dr. Renee working with a patient on alignment
The impact Rausch has made on my knee health over the past year has genuinely been a game changer. Kevin C has not only helped me through multiple injuries, but he always answers all my annoying questions with equally annoying enthusiasm. You go Kevin, thanks for all you do!
Really love this office. I drive by at least 10 other physical therapy offices.
They do a great job! I especially recommend Kenneday (a pt aide). She is WAY more than an “aide”. She does a great job keeping an eye on her patients to ensure they are doing all of their exercises correctly and that they remember all of the exercises.
She is a great part of my recovery and extremely professional and a nice person too!
Recommend this place for your pt needs.
This is the best most thorough physical therapy I have ever been to and there’s been a few. Ruth is my physical therapist and she makes you feel comfortable and is very knowledgeable and good at her job. In 5 months I am almost all healed from my L4L5 fusion back surgery. Everyone there is so nice and helpful.
Just had the most amazing massage from Melissa! I’ve been experiencing neck pain and stiffness for several months and none of the massage therapists I’ve worked with at other massage clinics have been able to get the knots out. Well Melissa did and I feel like I have a new neck! Thank you for your help!
I highly recommend Renee as a massage therapist. She understands health in all totality both body and mind. She knows and supplies a great massage each time and fosters a feeling of trust and safety. Beautiful hearted as well as talented employee. Great facility.
The best PTs. The best gym. The best people come here to get better. I get better when I follow the rules and do what she says. When I don’t, I get hurt again. It’s the way it goes I guess. I highly recommend this place to anyone who needs some PT.
I’ve been receiving physical therapy for a month now on my (once frozen) shoulder and have enjoyed every minute of it. The staff is superb and the prescribed regimens are extremely effective. My go to PT is Rebecca. She is the bomb– amazing talent, great personality, & genuinely caring. Her assistant, Christina is also fantastic. After a few visits, I’ve progressed tremendously and now have full motion in my shoulder. Am so grateful to the Rausch team…highly recommend!
I went from waking up every morning in excruciating shoulder pain after hurting myself weight lifting. Thanks to Jonathan – I’m glad to say that I’m able to live a pain-free life and do the activities I love. I can’t thank Jonathan and the rest of the team enough – their knowledge, compassion, and enthusiasm really put them over the top. After multiple visits to orthopedic physicians, multiple scans, and other physical therapists, I was scared I was going to be left to live a life with one shoulder and lots of pain. Again, I can’t thank the team here enough. Thank you!
Rausch Physical Therapy was highly recommended to me by my long time physical therapist in Ventura County. I began care with Jonathan at the Rausch Laguna Nigel location and now see him at their Dana Point studio. Happily, I can report I have found the care at Rausch to be superior and highly recommend Jonathan for his expertise and caring. I have chronic muscle weakness due to my MS but after each session I walk out feeling stronger. Even with Covid protocols in place, I continue to feel comfortable receiving care at Rausch.
I came in about 2 and a half weeks before I was supposed to run my first marathon with pain in my quad. I was so nervous I wasn’t going to be able to run my race. My PT was Diana Wang. She came up with a plan to get me ready for my race. I appreciated her expertise, follow-up, and commitment to helping me reach my goal. Because of her and Rausch PT I was able to run my first marathon with no injury!