Good for: Triathletes, Runners, Cyclists, Endurance Athletes
“People underestimate how powerful ART can be. Tissue adhesions are a silent bully; often you don’t feel it, but they can significantly influence your posture and patterns. Releasing those adhesions will literally change the way you move.”
– Lawrence Van Lingen, Certified ART Provider, Rausch Physical Therapy & Sports Performance
Active Release Technique (ART) incorporates soft tissue with the client’s active stretching. ART is the state-of-the-art technique that can release adhesions and break down scar tissue to not only resolve stubborn and long-standing injuries/pain, but also to allow athletes to perform better after removing tissue/movement restrictions they may not even have known they had.
- Treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves
- Increase range of motion and strength, reduce/relieve pain
- Can quickly resolve: headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow
- Many of the conditions mentioned above are a result of overused muscles, which can cause your body to produce scar tissue.
- Scar tissue and muscle adhesions restrict tissues that need to move freely, which can cause reduced range of motion, loss of strength, and pain.
- ART is not a soft, gentle technique. It is not a gentle massage, but it will make you feel better.
How It Works
- Our ART provider uses his hands to evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves
- Adhesions and abnormal tissue areas are treated by combining precisely directed tension with very specific patient movements
Whether you want to prevent injury or improve your performance, a soft-tissue release/ART session can help athletes of all levels free themselves from what may be holding them back.
About Lawrence Van Lingen
Lawrence Van Lingen is the certified ART Specialist at Rausch Physical Therapy & Sports Performance. He has worked with elite athletes for more than 20 years and is now also available to work with Rausch PT patients and athletes. Click here to learn more about Lawrence.
Quicker recovery time after lower extremity injury or surgery
Increase running performance
Maintain cardiovascular fitness and strength through rehab
- 30-Minute Session: $75
- 50-Minute Session: $99
- Want a monthly complimentary 30-minute ART session and discounted ART and massage?
- Check out our Massage and Wellness Membership Plans!
Rausch teams in action & success stories!
At Rausch PT, everyone from our friendly front office staff to our dedicated aides is here to cheer you on and help you achieve your goals. We strive to give you the best experience possible every time you come see us, which is why your personal Rausch physical therapist will be by your side throughout your entire treatment.
- PT Michelle: listening, teaching, healing
- Dr. Mymon explaining stress urinary incontinence
- The Rehab-U-Lance at a local injury prevention workshop
- PT Bryce: healing in action!
- Ankle strengthening exercise demo
- We offer Pelvic Floor PT
- A look into our performance lab
- The 'Bikes and Bagels Crew' meet up
- TNR - the best running group in the OC!
- Rauch PT can help you crush your goals!
- Balance work at Rausch PT-Dana Point
- Rx Sports Massage - necessary for injury prevention
- Josh supporting a patient with strengthening exercises using bands
- PT Sean using a Theragun to loosen and heal
- Dr. Renee working with a patient on alignment
The impact Rausch has made on my knee health over the past year has genuinely been a game changer. Kevin C has not only helped me through multiple injuries, but he always answers all my annoying questions with equally annoying enthusiasm. You go Kevin, thanks for all you do!
Really love this office. I drive by at least 10 other physical therapy offices.
They do a great job! I especially recommend Kenneday (a pt aide). She is WAY more than an “aide”. She does a great job keeping an eye on her patients to ensure they are doing all of their exercises correctly and that they remember all of the exercises.
She is a great part of my recovery and extremely professional and a nice person too!
Recommend this place for your pt needs.
This is the best most thorough physical therapy I have ever been to and there’s been a few. Ruth is my physical therapist and she makes you feel comfortable and is very knowledgeable and good at her job. In 5 months I am almost all healed from my L4L5 fusion back surgery. Everyone there is so nice and helpful.
Just had the most amazing massage from Melissa! I’ve been experiencing neck pain and stiffness for several months and none of the massage therapists I’ve worked with at other massage clinics have been able to get the knots out. Well Melissa did and I feel like I have a new neck! Thank you for your help!
I highly recommend Renee as a massage therapist. She understands health in all totality both body and mind. She knows and supplies a great massage each time and fosters a feeling of trust and safety. Beautiful hearted as well as talented employee. Great facility.
The best PTs. The best gym. The best people come here to get better. I get better when I follow the rules and do what she says. When I don’t, I get hurt again. It’s the way it goes I guess. I highly recommend this place to anyone who needs some PT.
I’ve been receiving physical therapy for a month now on my (once frozen) shoulder and have enjoyed every minute of it. The staff is superb and the prescribed regimens are extremely effective. My go to PT is Rebecca. She is the bomb– amazing talent, great personality, & genuinely caring. Her assistant, Christina is also fantastic. After a few visits, I’ve progressed tremendously and now have full motion in my shoulder. Am so grateful to the Rausch team…highly recommend!
I went from waking up every morning in excruciating shoulder pain after hurting myself weight lifting. Thanks to Jonathan – I’m glad to say that I’m able to live a pain-free life and do the activities I love. I can’t thank Jonathan and the rest of the team enough – their knowledge, compassion, and enthusiasm really put them over the top. After multiple visits to orthopedic physicians, multiple scans, and other physical therapists, I was scared I was going to be left to live a life with one shoulder and lots of pain. Again, I can’t thank the team here enough. Thank you!
Rausch Physical Therapy was highly recommended to me by my long time physical therapist in Ventura County. I began care with Jonathan at the Rausch Laguna Nigel location and now see him at their Dana Point studio. Happily, I can report I have found the care at Rausch to be superior and highly recommend Jonathan for his expertise and caring. I have chronic muscle weakness due to my MS but after each session I walk out feeling stronger. Even with Covid protocols in place, I continue to feel comfortable receiving care at Rausch.
I came in about 2 and a half weeks before I was supposed to run my first marathon with pain in my quad. I was so nervous I wasn’t going to be able to run my race. My PT was Diana Wang. She came up with a plan to get me ready for my race. I appreciated her expertise, follow-up, and commitment to helping me reach my goal. Because of her and Rausch PT I was able to run my first marathon with no injury!